Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Gluten Free Breakfast

Gluten Free breakfast or brunch is always nice. These are nice colorful easy to make dishes. I recently had some Gluten Free "Oats" the two brands I like best are "Cream Hill Estates" and "Gluten Free Oats" Both of these are EXCELLENT!
I really missed "Oats" I was very reluctant to try them but I did. What a delight!

I love them just cooked with some sauteed Granny Smith apples a bit of Benningtons brown sugar or some Maple Syrup. Currants and Cinnamon are a nice change from rasins.
I added a dusting of powdered sugar and some orange marmalade tasty!





Oatmeal Pancakes



½ Cup Milk or Soy milk

2 Tablespoons Salad oil

1 Tablespoon Molasses,Honey or Sugar

1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamaon

1 Teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Vanilla

1 Egg



½ Cup Rice flour

2 Teaspoons Baking Powder

¾ cup Gluten Free Oats ground

on crumb setting in a blender





Mix milk, oil, vanilla and molasses or honey & egg

until frothy set aside.

Blend dry ingredients mix well pour

in wet ingredients. Stir until just mixed.



Ladle spoonfuls into hot oiled pan or griddle.

After 2-3 minutes turn over when golden.

Serve with jam, honey or syrup.





Copyright 2010 ETC

No comments: