Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Spanish Food Gluten Free!

Spain has some of the most fantastic foods of any place I have ever visited.
This simple appetizer is made using two of my all time favorite Gluten Free Products.
Chebe is a tapioca based bread mix that requires no rising and has a great texture.

I followed the recipe on the package but used some Parmesan and some Spanish cheeses grated fine and mixed in when the mix was dry. I also added olive oil and heavy cream instead of milk.

I rolled the dough thin and cut it into circles. Which I then placed into mini muffin. The filling for the first batch was pitted Katamala olives, Green olives and California Sun Dried Tomatoes the ones that are in a resealable bag. These were all chopped fine and spooned into the mini Chebe cups. I baked them at 375 degrees as per the package instructions.

The second batch were made with a Pisto Manchego recipe from the La Mancha region (Spanish Onions, Peppers, Zucchini all chopped up and sautes in olive oil til just tender 3-5 minutes. I used the same recipe as I did for the first Chebe cups. They were then put into a standard muffin tin that I oiled as well and lined with a bigger circle of Chebe dough. I then put 1 teaspoon of California Sun Dried Tomato Spread on top of each cup before I baked it. Both of these appitizers were the "hit" of the evening.

Copyright ETC design 2010

No comments: