Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tandoori Fried Rice

This dish has been on my mind for awhile. I remember the very first time I ever had Chinese fried rice. I was 3 or 4 I remember the vegetables, chicken and rice.
I fell in love with that dish instantly and to this day Chinese food is my favorite.

Indian food is also one I just love. So I thought "Tandoori Fried Rice".
So after cooking the Indian dinner for 14 I realized I would have some left over tandoori chicken. So I made this dish tonight and it was fantastic!


1 Teaspoon of curry powder mixed with 1 Tablespoon of water

2 Eggs

2 Cups cooked and cooled Basmati rice

2 Cups fresh or frozen vegetables ( I used some frozen mixed vegetables, green beans, yellow bell pepper and zucchini )

2 Cups leftover Tandoori chicken

1-2 Tablespoons Tandoori Paste mixed with 4 tablespoons of water.

Beat the eggs and add the curry water. Set aside.

Add 3 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil to a pan and heat on med. till hot
Pour in egg and scramble til done add vegetables and cook till they are almost done 3-5 minutes.
Add rice and chicken stir well and drizzle the tandoori paste and water over everything.

Cover and turn heat off let sit 3-5 minutes.
Stir and serve

Copyright ETC 2009

No comments: