Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sharing

Sometimes the simple things in life are best shared...especially with someone who has not had the experience.

This was the case when I was shopping for the things I needed to cook the Indian dinner for 18 this weekend.
While I was shopping "Devon" I was approached by six young students they had driven from another state and were exploring the city.

"Excuse me" one of the girls asked. " Do you know anything about this street?" Well it was their lucky, lucky, lucky day!
I took them to my favorite Indian sweet shop where. I told the shopkeeper..."these people have spent their whole lives never having Carrot Halva, White Rossagollas and Gulab Jamun!"
The next thing they knew he had prepared a plate with a sample for them to try.

They loved all of the treats that he so generously gave them. Well I said I am going up the street as I have quite a bit of shopping to do.
They also had a list of questions as they were doing a research project. So as we walked they asked me the questions on the list as we walked up the street.

Next we went in to the grocery store...where we met my friend Hero...I explained to him about the students. I asked if I could give him some things from the store to try. "Sure, Estelle", he said so I started with a package of Butter Naan, Tamarind Juice, some Chaat, a fresh Mango and a fresh Pineapple.

Hero brought a bag over so that they could put all their items in it. They were so thrilled, surprised and grateful for this whole experience. It was a delight to be able to share this with them. Share something you love with some one who has not tried it before.
Try something new yourself. "Life is a banquet so share what is on your side of the table"

No comments: