Thursday, June 4, 2009

Faux Cheese Cake

Faux Cheesecake,

I created this simple dessert for the summer...something light yet with flavor.
The man loves "Raspberry Coulis" as Summer approaches and there are fresh berries I decided to make him something that would taste decadent yet be light and worthy of raspberry coulis.

So I bought two large containers of a Gluten Free Vanilla Yogurt.
Lined the colander with 3 large coffee filters and poured in the yogurt. Set the colander on a plate put it back in the fridge and let it drain for 3 hours. Then I carefully removed the yogurt which is now quite a bit thicker. Stirred in 1 tablespoons of Neilsen-Massey Vanilla and 1 tablespoon of Neilsen-Massey Vanilla Bean Paste and put it back in the fridge.

For the raspberry Coulis I used a jar of Robert Rothchild's Seedless Raspberry Preserves. This brand is Gluten Free and they have won numerous awards for their outstanding products.

To serve it I put the yogurt ( Faux Cheese Cake ) in a bowl and spooned several tablespoons of the preserves over the top.
This was a huge hit...The Man was delighted with this healthy tasty dessert...."This taste like Cheesecake", he said.
I will have to wait until the fresh raspberrys are out in a few more weeks to make him a fresh batch of raspberry coulis to enjoy with his Faux Cheesecake.
copyright ETC.2009

No comments: